By Manzanillo Sun Writer on the February 2020 Edition
Recipe serves 40
✓ 350g unsalted butter
✓ 100g icing sugar
✓ 3/4 teaspoon salt
✓ 220g finely ground almonds
✓ 4 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
✓ 375g sifted plain flour
✓ 5 tablespoons icing sugar for rolling
Prep:45min › Cook:15min › Extra time:1hr › Ready in:2hr
1. Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3.
2. Cream butter in a bowl, gradually add icing sugar and salt. Beat until light and fluffy. Add almonds and vanilla. Blend in flour gradually and mix well.
3. Shape into balls (or crescents) using about 1 teaspoon for each biscuit.
4. Place on ungreased baking trays, and bake for 15-20 minutes. Do not brown.
5. Cool slightly, then roll in the extra icing sugar.