By Manzanillo Sun Writer on the February 2020 Edition
Recipe serves 40
✓ 350g unsalted butter
✓ 100g icing sugar
✓ 3/4 teaspoon salt
✓ 220g finely ground almonds
✓ 4 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
✓ 375g sifted plain flour
✓ 5 tablespoons icing sugar for rolling
Prep:45min › Cook:15min › Extra time:1hr › Ready in:2hr
1. Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3.
2. Cream butter in a bowl, gradually add icing sugar and salt. Beat until light and fluffy. Add almonds and vanilla. Blend in flour gradually and mix well.
3. Shape into balls (or crescents) using about 1 teaspoon for each biscuit.
4. Place on ungreased baking trays, and bake for 15-20 minutes. Do not brown.
5. Cool slightly, then roll in the extra icing sugar.
The full edition or view it online
Manzanillo Sun’s eMagazine written by local authors about living in Manzanillo and Mexico, since 2009