courtesy of http://www.eatingonadime.com/
- 2 – 3 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- ½ onion chopped 1 can of rotel
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning (or half packet)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 8 oz container of sour cream
- 1 cup of milk
- handful of shredded cheese (any kind will do!)
- 8-10 tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a skillet, brown the onions until soft.
3. Add in the shredded chicken, taco seasoning, rotel, and HALF the can of cream of chicken soup.
4. Cook over low heat until mixed thoroughly.
5. Spoon the mixture evenly into the tortillas.
6. Roll and place in a 9×13 pan with the seam side down.
7. Continue to do this until your pan is full.
8. Meanwhile, mix the remaining cream of chicken soup, sour cream and milk in a bowl until combined.
9. Pour mixture over your rolled tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese
10. Bake for 20 minutes until heated through.
11. Serve with your favorite side dishes.
These enchiladas freeze great!
This recipe takes a bit longer than I normally like to spend in the kitchen which is why I HIGHLY recommend you doubling the recipe and then freezing your second batch. That way you will have this comfort food ready to eat another time without doing all the work.
First you need to cook your chicken (You can toss it in a crock pot, boil it or bake it). I often use the crockpot or boil it. Then you need to shred the chicken. I just use 2 forks to shred it. It only takes a minute. You will need about 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts per pan of enchiladas.
Now you will combine all the “inside” ingredients so you will have the perfect stuffing for your enchiladas. You are going to need some homemade taco seasoning if you don’t have any seasoning packets
Next you just stuff the tortillas (flour or corn) and then roll them up and place them in a pan. Make sure you put the seam down.
Add your sauce, your cheese and bake! Before you know it you have a delicious dinner on the table!