By Vivian Molick from the October 2011 Edition
- No matter where you sleep, you swallow an average of 8 spiders a year
- The most common street name in the U.S. is Second St.
- The longest snake is the Royal Python which can grow to 35 feet.
- The longest word in the English language that has ever appeared in print has 1,909 letters and is the name of an enzyme. The full name of DNA has 207,000 letters but has never been printed.
- The highest scoring word in Scrabble is “quartz” at
- The Quahog clam is the longest living animal, with a maximum age of up to 200 years.
- The Netherlands is the most candy eating country in the world, with each person averaging 30.63 pounds per year, compared to the U.S. at 17.86 pounds.
- The smallest country in the world is Vatican City.
- Albert Einstein had a smaller than average size brain.
- A giraffe cleans its ear out with its 21 inch long tongue.
- The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time television was Fred and Wilma Flintstone.
- The percentage of American men who say they would marry the same woman if they had it to do all over again: 80%. The percentage of American women who say they would marry the same man: 50%.
- The average life span of a major league baseball is 7 pitches.
- Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in the hair.
- Iceland consumes more Coca-Cola per capita than any other nation.
- The first novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer.
- The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
- When opossums are playing „possum‟ they are not “playing”. They actually pass out from sheer terror.
- Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history: Spades – King David, Clubs – Alexander the Great, Hearts – Charlemagne, and Diamonds – Julius Caesar
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
Download the full edition or view it online