Enchiladas Suizas is a popular Mexican comfort food dish loved by both kids and adults. This version is easy to make because it’s ready in half the time. Cheesy, creamy and satisfying, it’s everything you remember it to be. Recipe courtesy of Mely Martinez off the website www.herdeztraditions.com serves 4
3 cups HERDEZ® Tomatillo Verde Mexican Cooking Sauce
3/4 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1 clove garlic
4 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
12 corn tortillas
2 cups shredded store-bought rotisserie chicken
1 1/2 cups shredded Oaxaca or fresh mozzarella cheese
1. Place 1 cup HERDEZ® Tomatillo Verde Mexican Cooking Sauce, Mexican crema, cilantro and garlic in blender and process until smooth. Add remaining cooking sauce; set aside.
2. Heat skillet over medium heat; warm oil and dip tortillas a few seconds per side one at a time to soften and avoid breaking. Drain tortillas on paper towels.
3. Heat oven to 350°F. Season chicken with salt and pepper. You can also add garlic powder if you like. Fill center of each tortilla with chicken and roll up.
4. Spread half of sauce in 9×13-inch baking dish or individual oven proof plates. Arrange enchiladas in single layer, seam side down.
5. Cover with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 30 minutes or until cheese starts to brown. Serve immediately.
Manzanillo Sun’s eMagazine written by local authors about living in Manzanillo and Mexico, since 2009